1 of 5
The United States government supports programs to respond to global HIV and AIDS through which initiative?
- Proposal for an Emergency Plan for an AIDS Response (PEPFAR)
- The President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
- Post Epidemic Planning for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
- The President's Exploratory Proposal for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
When did PEPFAR begin?
PEPFAR has saved and improved the lives of millions around the globe by:
- Supporting HIV prevention, care, and treatment services
- Meeting the needs of affected children
- Building countries' HIV response capacity
- Strengthening countries' health care systems
- All of the above
In 2008, how much funding did Congress approve for U.S. government supported global HIV/AIDS programs?
- $15 billion
- $21 billion
- $33 billion
- $39 billion
The majority of new HIV infections worldwide are due to:
- Sexual transmission
- Transmission of HIV from an HIV-positive mother to her child during pregnancy, labor, delivery, or breastfeeding
- Use of contaminated needles
- Transfusions with contaminated blood and blood products