True or False: Ovarian cancer always originates in the ovaries.
Which of the following actions are recommended when a woman is diagnosed with ovarian cancer?
- She should seek genetic counseling and testing
- Her first-degree relatives (parents, siblings, and children) should seek genetic counseling to determine whether testing is warranted
- Both A and B
- None of the above
Which of the following tests are proven effective for screening women without symptoms for ovarian cancer?
- Transvaginal ultrasound
- A blood test that measures a protein called CA-125
- CAT Scan
- There is no test
Which actions could improve the health outcomes for women at risk for ovarian cancer?
- Learning about the signs of ovarian cancer and discussing symptoms with a health care professional
- Avoiding unproven screening procedures
- Receiving treatment at high-volume facilities if a woman is diagnosed with ovarian cancer
- All of the above
True or False: There is nothing that women at risk for ovarian cancer can do to reduce their risk.